W Sauce Bolognese with Pappardelle Pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion, grated
- 1 parsnip, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pound ground meat of choice (I used venison.) Options: beef, bison, turkey, chicken, etc.
1 tbsp W Sauce®
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 package pappardelle pasta
- Garnish: parmesan & fresh basil
In a large dutch oven, add oil, onion, parsnip, zucchini, garlic, fennel, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium high, until starting to brown. Add tomato paste and cook for a minute or too. Keep stirring to be sure it does not burn.
- Add ground meat and W Sauce® and cook until meat is browned. Add red wine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add marinara and season with more salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to a simmer and place the lid on the pot. Cook for about 20 minutes on low.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water with a heaping handful of salt to a boil. Cook pasta for about 8 minutes in boiling water, or as instructions state on the packaging. Save some pasta water, about 1 cup, and drain pasta. Toss sauce with pasta and add pasta water gradually, just enough to loosen the sauce to a creamy coat for pasta.
- Serve with garnish, and enjoy!